Pages

Sunday 14 May 2017

Winter in Norway

Hello!

After long and rainy winter in Stavanger spring came, last two weeks was full of sun ( I hardly could believe that I'm still in Norway!), but before I will write about spring and summer is also good to write something about winter time!

In December I was on Christmas in Poland. That was good time, full of meetings with friends and family, good food, some dancing classes and theater. (that's what I miss the most).

After coming back I had quite difficult time, I felt homesick and depression after coming back to Norway. Weather didn't help me, In Stavanger was dark, rainy and windy.

In the end of January me and Viktoria signed up for en extra Norwegian language course. I realized that one of my EVS goals are to learn Norwegian, because If I cannot learn it in Norway so neither in Poland. My motivation was higher because I could see that I became better and better.

In the end of February we had mind-term seminar in Oslo, so our Stavanger Team fight there. We had 3 days seminar where we were having fun together, visiting city, sharing our experiences with 49 other EVS volunteers which are in Norway. We stayed longer in Oslo, with other volunteer, we visited city together ( we couldn't see anything because all day was snowing), in the evening we was eating together.





My and Victoria dream was seeing the northern lights, so next we flight from Oslo to Tromsø. Tromsø is located 350 kilometers north of the Arctic Circle and is the largest city in Northern Norway. We spent there 4 days and 3 nights. We were hosting by wonderful couch-surfer. Second night he drove us out of the city ( enough far from city lights) so we could see the northern light even it wasn't so strong according to Kp scale, it was only 2 or 3. You can see how awesome it was on the photos which Amalia Pop took.





Next night we were on the hill from which you could see the view to Tromsøya island. We were lucky, the Northern lights was even stronger and we were closer to sky! Climate and landscape was so different then in Stavanger, It was good to see snow during winter ;)




What's more about winter?

I was with my youth club on skitur, so together with kids we were in Sauda. That was whole 2 days of skiing! What surprised me was that you can ski off the roads, of course that is much more difficult and you can easier fall down, but that is not forbidden ;)




The closest ski center to Stavanger is Sirdal, even that I was there in the end of April and beginning of May, there was still a lot of snow! I was there with SAPS (Stavanger Active People Society), international people who are living in Stavanger. That's cabin trip was great opportunity to rest after intensive Ester time in Poland but also to ski, play board games, party, eat and sing happy birthday probably in 13 or more languages.



Make it short, that's how I spent and enjoyed winter time!

Greetings!

Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment