Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2018

Velkommen!
First I have to say sorry for waiting nearly half a year writing my first entry! As well I have to admit that this is my first try to write a blog in my life. So please don`t expect too much 😉

But after this nice introduction (thanks to Kriszti!) I had to write somehow something. I will start this by introducing myself a little bit more. I am Laurenz, 18 years old (the baby in the appartement 😉) and coming from Germany, from a city called Essen. I just finished school last year and went afterwards straight to Stavanger. During our meetings with other volunteers from all over Norway I noticed germans are the only ones just finished school before. So I could introduce myself just by saying I am a typical german volunteer.

This was enough to my person, now the more interesting part: the EVS in Norway.
Kriszti told you already how Kriszti and me spent our first weeks in Norway. So, I can skip this and will tell you a little bit more what exactly we are doing at work and in our free time.
All of us are working in different youth clubs all over the city. I am working in Tasta and Bekkefaret. For me a typical working day could be for an example preparing some food for the youth, playing some board games, table tennis or other stuff with them and just having some nice conversations. Of course, not every time it is that easy, they are youths ;). I think I don`t have to explain what that mean, annoying loud music and 13-17 years old, who do not want to listen to you! But I have to admit that during these 6 months I got to know them and kind of really like them.
Still in September I did my first trip with the youth in Bekkefaret. We went surfing. Although I was more falling and laying on the board then really surfing it was a super nice trip. I got to know the kids and of course they had a lot of fun!

On the picture you can see Kristine, Pavel and me (on the left side). I know I am not looking really excited. But this is just the fatigue, it was exhausting! :)


This was my first "working" trip. Now I can tell you something about my first hiking trip in Stavanger. We did one really nice hiking trip in Balestrand. 


But my first trip in Stavanger was to the world famous Preikestolen! 
For a weekend we had a visitor from Slovenia. Neža is a friend of a girl, Kriszti and me met in Balestrand. And of course she wanted to see the Preikestolen. On a sunday morning we took the ferry and the bus to come to the Preikestolhytta. From there it was a beautiful hike up to the pulpit.
Fortunately the weather was really good, but unfortunately that means a lot of tourists from all over the world wanted to go up. The pulpit was completely crowded, so we decided really fast to go to the top. 









So, this was my first blog-entry. From now on I will try to keep you up to date and tell you more about my last and next 6 months in the north!

Snakkes neste gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment